tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 11 00:29:36 1995

Re: }} Don't greet Death

Wed, 9 Aug 1995, ghIth tlheghmeQ:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Jim Boniface wrote:
>
> >   In the part of the say that says "do not greet death" I believe it is
> > saying "do not be polite to death, that's why you should hit him in the
> > throat repeatedly.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Too bad we don't have a word for polite. Maybe {yIjatlhQo' qaqIHneS}

I translate that last part as, "Don't speak.  I meet you, your honor."

If you needed a word for polite, you could use {DochHa'}.  But instead of
saying "Don't be polite to death", Klingon lots of other words you
could use:
{HeghvaD yIDoch} (Be rude to Death)
{HeghvaD yIjeghQo'} (Don't give in to Death)
{Hegh yIvaq} (Mock Death)
{Hegh yItIch} (Insult Death)
{Hegh yInuS} (Ridicule Death)
etc.