tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 04 03:35:52 1995

Re: }} KLBC

>Ok, I think I've got the N-N construction figured out.  Or maybe not. > I
have another question now.  How would you say Pets are >everywhere?  Would it
be Sajmey Dat?  I'm a little confused with >some of these things, but then
I'm still a beginner.  Am I getting the >N-N thing confused again?

>Would pets are everywhere be N-N again?  Or would it be Dat >Sajmey?  It
wouldn't be everywhere's pet. or pet's everywhere?  >Gosh, I wonder if I'll
every get this right. Dat is a noun, isn't it?  I've >been studying the TKD,
but I'm not sure of all  of it.

I looked in TKD and discovered that {Dat} indeed is listed as a noun.  I
still have the feeling that it is used the way Klingon adverbs of time and
location are used, e.g. {nom}, {tugh}, {not}, {reH}, {loQ}, and especially
{pa'}.  I sure would like to get the experts' opinions and comments on this
one.

Dat bIHtaH Sajmey'e'

Thank you, Laurel, for bringing this one up.  Now, I'm not at all sure.

peHruS

Back to archive top level