tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 30 08:14:56 1995

Re: Kruge's quote

According to David Barron:

> I hope I am not stepping on the feet of the grammarians but <potlh> is
> a noun.  Here  its being treated  as a verb.  I have made this mistake
> myself,  that is how I know ,  that and checking TKD.

This is one of the problems of having a split dictionary.
{potlh} is a noun in the original word list, but it is also
listed as a verb in the addendum. This is why I typed in the
entire word list; so I'll have ALL the words with references to
where I got each one.

> May I suggest instead of <potlh> let me suggest <ram>.

I do prefer {ram} to {potlhbe'}.

>    Thus you can say  < ram pongwIj  >
> David Barron

charghwI'