tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 24 10:54:33 1995

Re: subgenius

On Mon, 24 Apr 1995, William H. Martin wrote:

> According to R.B Franklin:

> > Perhaps you could say:  ghotpu'vetlh yabDu' val puS wIghna' val law'.
> > or maybe:  wIgh QIvwI'

> I doubt it is okay to reverse the law'/puS construction like
> this. I think the construction is rather rigid.

that rigid is the construction is true.  but incomprehensible that it is
i see not.  like Yoda-speech it is.  (wrong universe it is.  know this i
do.  care i don't.  making point i am.)

just as you can understand the above paragraph, i suspect that anyone
reading yoDtargh's phrase above would understand it.  they'd probably do
a mental double-take when they realized what wasn't normal about it, but
it says basically the same thing -- just really really oddly.  kinda like
Okrand's explanation of <-ghach> on a naked stem.

*shrug*  just my two-socks' worth.

> > yoDtargh
> charghwI'

--naQ'avwI'

*&* <yIqIm!  *'InI'go' *montoy'a' 'oH ponglIj'e'.  *&* Silauren, Half-Elven
*&*    vavlI' DaHoHta'.  yIHeghrup.>               *&* naQ'avwI'
*&*                     --from the Princess Bride  *&* [email protected]
*&* There's only ONE god!  He is the SUN god!  RA!  RA!  RA!!!

Back to archive top level