tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 21 17:38:19 1995

Re: -ghach revisited...

At 05:04 PM 4/21/95 -0400, Matt Gomes wrote:
>qaghItlhneS:
>
>  I'm working hard to get my HyperKlingon parser to work really cool (thanks to
>Alan), and I came up with a question...
>
>  Can verbs with the "-ghach" suffix have a prefix?  I haven't seen any, but
>I thought I'd ask the masters...

Ha! Where have  you been?

Sorry, seriously turn  back a few issues of HolQeD and read the interview
with Marc  Okrand ON THAT VERY  SUBJECT.

In short,  he says it is not  against the rules but it makes  the construction
very "wierd".   So he recomends  against it.

David Barron

>  Qapla'!
>
>-majIq

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level