tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 21 06:19:25 1995

Re: lutHom

yoDtargh: > latlh ghopDaj 'oH ratlhbogh ghopDaj'e'.  QaptaH latlh ghoplIj.
## other-one his-hand it.is which-remain his-HAND
## is-working other-one your-hand
"His remaining hand is the other one's hand.
 Your other one's hand is working."

yoDtargh: > DaH bIyajchu''a'?

ghobe'!  Even if I assume you accidentally wrote {ghoplIj} instead of
{ghopDaj}, it still looks backwards to me.  I read {latlh ghop} as
referring to a hand belonging to someone else, not as another hand.
To say "His other hand remains" I would write {ratlh ghopDaj latlh}.
## remain his-hand other-one
"His hand's other one remains."

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level