tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 16 21:35:24 1995

Re: Epithets

> On Sun, 16 Apr 1995 [email protected] wrote:
>
> > What part of speech are the epithets (taHqeq, petaQ etc)?

Let me clarify my previous response.  An epithet can behave as either a name
or a noun.

When using an epithet in direct address, it would function like a name
and it would go at the beginning or end of the sentence.  E.g.
{toDSaH bIjatlh 'e' yImev} or {bIjatlh 'e' yImev toDSaH}

When using an epithet to refer to someone in the third-person, it would
behave like a noun.  E.g.

tajwIj nIHta' yIntaghvetlh.

> > -- toDbaj
>
> yoDtargh