tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 14 12:10:38 1995

Re: subgenius

According to Silauren, Half-Elven:

> myself and a friend of mine (who doesn't read this list, otherwise he'd
> post it himself) are looking for a translation of "subgenius" into
> Klingon.  has anyone a suggestion?
>
> (chay' *subgenius* vIjatlhlaH?)
>
> --naQ'avwI'

Well, I'm not sure I know exactly what the English word means.
I can find "subgenus" in my English dictionary, but not
"subgenius". If you mean "smart person, but not quite a
genius", or "minor genius" then I'd say {wIghHom}. If there is
some sense of pretense going on, of course {wIghqoq} is an
option. Are either of these close enough?

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \