tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 14 06:58:37 1995

Re: Fresh blood - 'Iw chu'

> nuqneH
> tlhIngan Hol BBSDaq vIchu'
> nIteb mang Hol vIghojtaH
> DaH vIqeqlaH
>
> This is my first posting to tlhIngan-Hol (of many, I'm sure).  I've been
> learning tlhIngan Hol in solitude (as I'm sure most of were at first) but now
> I can hone my skills.  A little about myself - I'm a chemical engineer,
> married, 2 kids (who both mastered bIjatlh 'e' yImev very quickly!)  I don't
> yet have a tlhIngan name. (is it required?)

No, a Klingon name is not required.

> I just read the welcoming transmission nd was a little confused by the
> following statement:
>
> > I don't expect rudeness to be a problem on the tlhIngan-Hol list, but I
> won't allow
> > it to become one, either.
>
> I thought tlhInganpu' were rude (OK, curt) by nature.  I assume this
> prohibition does not apply to mu'qaD veS.  :-)

Good point, Having been here for about 5 years I have found that if you
are  writing in Klingon its just fine to be "curt" and , well, even rude.
But if you are out of (Klingon) character civil  behavior is expected.

> Brad Wilson

Welcome  aboard.
David B.

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup