tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 13 11:17:17 1995

Re: copyrights

----snip-----

----snip-----

>Lawrence

I would love to see what a copyright lawyer has to say about this.  My
understanding is that languages cannot be copyrighted.  This (if true)
would mean that anyone could publish a tlhIngan Hol dictionary or works
describing tlhIngan Hol grammar.  As Alan mentioned "...only the
formatting...is protected by copyright."   Thus, you could publish a list
of words with their translations if you created the list yourself.

If I were planning on publish such a work "for profit" I would certainly
seek legal advice first.

Qeygh

Back to archive top level