tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 05 08:34:04 1995

Re: Relative sentences

I wrote:-
> ... If I convert it into matter known to TKD, e.g. "I asked for the little
> phaser which the captain and his crew do not use when guarding their ship",
> any goes at translating it into Klingon as one sentence?

Here is my own attempt:-
  (1) as 2 sentences: {pu'vaD mach vItlhob : pu' mach lulo'be' HoD beqpu'Daj
je Dujchaj lu'avDI'.} or similar.
  (2) as 1 sentence it would to be: {(Dujchaj lu'avDI' pu''e' mach
lulo'be'bogh HoD beqpu'Daj je)-vaD mach vItlhob}, but this time 2 veqlarghpu'
are waiting:
  (a) I need to put a noun suffix on a clause used as a noun; Do I resort to
{... beqpu'Daj je 'e'vaD mach ...} again?
  (b) Without the round brackets how to tell easily that the first two words
are in the relative clause?

Back to archive top level