tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 27 22:10:17 1994

Re: KBTP: John 8:1-11

> Similarly, 'to stone such women.' becomes 'to kill evil
> women while we throw stones.' Notice the word 'to throw' is derived
> from ' to cause to fly'.

     Perhaps it would be better to say "For the purpose of murdering these
women, we throw stones." I think it is much more accurate to the meaning
behind the English than the euphamistic link between "During the time period
that we happened to casually be throwing some stones, a couple REALLY BAD
women died."

     This is one of the reasons I'm not a Christian.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level