tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 29 13:07:00 1994

Re: solfeggio (was Re: Ba

Could someone repost the "Lumberjack" song?  With English and Klingon...?

Qapla'

Starr

************************* From: [email protected] ****************************
*  Access our worldwide interactive FAXified(sm) Database...toll-free at  *
*  1-800-947-3650, enter "054" for instructions.  Hundreds of catagories! *
*  Access our ftp site for many unusual and interesting files:            *
*  Server: mary.iia.org  /pub/users/patriot  *  Read file descript.ion    *

On Wed, 29 Jun 1994, Heidi Wessman wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 1994, Jennifer James wrote:
> >  -=> Quoting Klingon Language List to Jennifer James
> >      on Stardate 06-11-94  10:37 <=-
> >
> >  KLL> Concerning the previous remarks about clarinet tuning: I used to
> >  KLL> (about ten years ago) play both clarinet and alto saxophone, and I
> >  KLL> still have a  clarinet. I wouldn't mind getting another sax someday.
> >  KLL> tlhIngan jazz, anyone?
> >
> >  KLL> Steven Burnett
> >
> > Well, I have no ear for jazz, but I sing (folk music, not
> > classical/opera).  How 'bout tlhIngan filk?
>
> I love tlhInganchuSfilk!
>
> tlhInganvaD <The Lumberjack Song> vImugh.  It is so funny!  "I'm a warrior and
> I'm okay.  I sleep all night and I fight all day..."
>
> I did write the music for a Klingon Aria from an Opera.  It was rather
> funky.  I'm still trying to figure out how to send music scores over the
> net without taking up too much memory.  The lyrics are atrocious in their
> Klingon form, but the music was interesting.  It was performed by a string
> quartet, but can be adapted to any instrumental quartet.  It was
> called chuQunvaD chuS (roughly: Heidi's Song).  It's where two men are
> fighting over a woman, but then decide they don't want to do this, and run
> away.  She curses them, and wishes for chocolate.  I followed it by a
> Broadway-cute song about chocolate, in English, that is wonderful, when
> sung by a "Klingon."
>
> If anyone has some Klingon filk, I would like to see it.

> chuQun

Back to archive top level