tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 28 11:19:44 1994

qep'a'

As the month of June dwindles away, let me remind you that if you're going to
be attending the gathering here in Philadelphia on July 11th-15th you need to
make your hotel reservation by Friday.  According to the contract I've signed
with the hotel, "after July 1st reservations will only be provided on a space
available basis."

Now, as some of you may already know, there's at least one person working the
front desk there who's not too bright.  Make VERY sure that when you reserve
your room you specify that you are with the KLINGON LANGUAGE INSTITUTE.  You
might also want to identify yourself as being part of the KLI.  That's right,
use both the full name and the acronym.  We want maximum brain penetration
here.

Not only will this allow us to meet our quota (as per the contract) resulting
in a free meeting room, but it will also reduce your price (it still looks
like the KLI will be able to absorb the room taxes!).

If you've already booked your room, take a moment now and drop me a bit of
email (to me, not to the list).  Indicate whether you've got a double or
single, and if double who else is already booked with you.  Having this
information will let me confirm with the hotel that you are indeed registered
as part of the KLI Meeting.

In case you've lost it, the phone number of the hotel is 215/464-9500.  Room
rates are $60/nite for singles, $65/nite for doubles.

See you there.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level