tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 26 03:12:41 1994

Re: KLBC (old)

Matt Whiteacrevo':

>SuHegh'a'
>rInbejlI' DuSaQ DIS 'e' vISov
>'ach jabbI'IDHom puS wImechlaH
>maHlaH'a'

ghobe', jIHeghlI'be', 'ach jIHegh vIneHlaw'.
"email"lIj yIlIjQo'!
DaH latlh 'o'Daq jISaHlaw'. {{:(

'ej jIHvaD qaSqa'ta' DuSaQ DIS.
"summer"DuSaQDaq jISaHlI'.  {{:/

--HoD trI'Qal

The conversation in this should give you a BIG clue how *old* this puppy is...
*sighs*

Your first sentence threw me for a while.  (Why have I been thrown so mych
lately?  I must be outta practice!  That's it... I need to work at my Hol
more!!!!!! {{:( ).  I wasn't sure what *tense* it was in.  I would have thrown
a -lI' on there or a -pu' or something to show if you meant "Are all of you
dying?" or "Are all of you dead?"  Since you are pretty good at what you are
doing here, I assumed you meant -lI', more or less, and went from there.

The middle two lines were great.  The last one... uh... I am not sure that
works for "can we?", which is what I *think* you were trying to say.
Idiomatic.  You have to use the verb again in Hol, even though you don't in
the English:

	wImechlaH'a'?
	"Can we trade them?"

At least, that us what I *think* you were trying to say...

Translations:

No, I am not dying, but I seem to want to be.
Never fall behind in your email!  (this isn't exactly what it translates to,
but is what was intended)
Now I seem to be behind the others.

And The schoolyear has resumed for me.
I am in summer school. :/