tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 23 23:41:37 1994

Re: To upload or not to upload

>  The Klingon rhyming dictionary is a derivative work: primarily the
> dictionary portion sorted differently.  Uploading it to a publicly
> accessible FTP archive would allow copies to be made by those who didn't
> buy the book.

How about if just the rhyming words were listed, without the translations?
Then the list would be essentially useless without the dictionary, and
those who wished to use the list would have to buy the dictionary anyway.

I agree with getting some sort of official Imprimatur on the idea; perhaps
they would be more amenable to an on-line rhyming list which excludes the
translations.

(Alternatively, one could list pairs of English words whose Klingon
 versions rhyme, and then people wanting to use them would have to have
 the dictionary to actually write rhymes.)

Darren

Back to archive top level