tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 23 13:26:01 1994

Re: FINALLY!!!!

ghItlhqa' charghwI''e':
>> >pItlh! SoHvaD HIloSQo'qu'qa'moH!

>The {-vaD} was a conscious choice, though apparently
>ill-considered. Otherwise, it becomes {SoH HIloS'qu'qa'moHQo'},
>which struck me as a little confusing. This is one of those
>strange situations where you have an object of the causative
>and a DIFFERENT object of the main verb.

>So, would it have carried the meaning as well to cast it as in
>the following?

>qaloS 'e' yInI'qu'qa'moHQo'!

Yes. Altho, your original version (after properly placing the {-Qo'}) was
good, with one minor omission. The {SoHvaD} was unnecessary. Literally the
command is "[you] don't make me resume waiting *for you*". It would be
sufficient as {HIloSqa'moHQo'}.

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level