tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 16 03:13:40 1994

It's begun

I've been getting a lot of interesting phone calls since the Wall Street
Journal article on Monday, but today I received one which was particularly
gratifying.

An ad agency in Chicago phoned.  They're doing a commericial for the King's
Dominion theme parks which are owned by Paramount.  They're going to have a
commercial with a Klingon character, and they want him to speak Klingon.
 They want him to speak PROPER Klingon.  So they called up and asked if I'd
help them out.

It was trivially easy.  I did a first quick draft of the lines and then ran
them past Mark Shoulson who cleared up a problem I was having with one of
them.  I'll be sending them out FED-EX tomorrow.  I've been promised a copy
of the commercial on tape, and if it comes in time I'll certainly bring it
along to the meeting next month here in Philadelphia.

The point of this post though is two-fold.  1) Finally some people out there
are realizing that if they want to take advantage of the popularity of the
Klingons they need to do it right.  2) The KLI is being recognized ad THE
place to go for this.

Now let's wait and see if any of the folks I wrote to at Paramount (e.g.,
Berman, Pillar, Justman) will respond with similar enthusiasm.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::
:: POB 634, Flourtown, PA 19031 USA ::