tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 14 07:24:16 1994

No Subject

-=> Nick Nicholas said <=-

NN> to join the long list of artificial language communities to undergo a
NN> schism, and all on the front page of the Wall St Journal, too.

NN> Myself, I'm going to complete my Masters' thesis, translate Hamlet,
NN> and pretend none of this is happening...

NN> Nick.

-=> Lisa Stapp replies <=-

I am not convinced that this schism is entirely negative.

The formation and dissolution of cliques within groups HAPPENS!
Families squabble.  Churches split over minor things.  Club
member argue over purposes.

More than anything, schisms prove that the people involved care
deeply about the group.  Arguements CAN be a starting place for
growth.

>From what I've seen, people who are interested in things Klingon
tend to be even more arrogant and individualistic than most...
a recipe for friction!

We can use this... if we wish.

;-]     Besides, I haven't participated in a good brawl in a
while...

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

|This message has been routed through urchin.fidonet.org,   |
|usenet <--> Fidonet gateway, in Rosenberg Texas. Please do |
|not include a bang address containing "urchin.fidonet.org" |
|in any reply email.  Using such a bang address will delay  |
|processing and usually cause lost messages. If you are     |
|sending an email message to a Fidonet node, please use the |
|following address format:                                  |
|[p<point_number>.]f<node_number>.z<zone_number>.fidonet.org|