tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 09 03:56:00 1994

Re: qepHommaj (was Summer Events)

Thanks for all your hard work.  Won't be able to attend this year.  Can
you start this for next year -- so we can start saving our pennies now?
Have a great time.

	=	   Nancy-Lou Polk			=
	=	   Marketing and Payor Relations	=
	=	   206/548-4972, XD-02			=
	= 	   email:  [email protected]	=

On Wed, 8 Jun 1994 [email protected] wrote:

> We're in business!
>
> I spent the morning with the sales manager at the hotel, touring the
> facilities and asking lots of pesky questions.  Here are the details.
>
> $60 per room per night for single occupancy.
>
> $65 per room per night for double occupancy.  That means two double-beds in
> the room.  So if you find yourself a roomie, the two of you *split* the cost.
>  It's $65 for the room, NOT per person.  Thus, four nights in such a room
> would run each roomie $130.
>
> Rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast.  Said breakfast includes
> hot and cold cereal (ok, they may not have hot cereal in July), yogurt, your
> choice of several kinds of juices, coffee, and assorted muffin type things.
>  I believe all the rooms have cable television (you probably pay extra for
> first-run movies, typical hotel stuff), and many of the rooms have small
> refrigerators too!  Rooms on the second floor have nice little (very little)
> balconies, and rooms on the ground floor (at least those facing the pool
> area) have sliding glass doors so you can exit right out to the pool.
>
> Facilties of the hotel include:
>
> *  Fitness room (they've got a nice universal weight machine,
>    and a couple exercycles too).
> *  Outdoor pool (it's not exactly olympic size, but it will be
>    fun I'm sure).
> *  Volleyball court (you know the kind, a big sandy rectangle).
> *  Picnic type areas and tables on the lawns surrounding the pool
>    and volleyball areas.  Very peaceful and relaxing for when we
>    get tired of hanging out in our rooms or the meeting room.
> *  Conference room.  They have several and I put our dibs in for
>    the mondo corporate executive looking one.  If we fill a
>    sufficient number of rooms they'll let us have the use of it
>    for free!
> *  24-hour vending room with microwave oven.  Okay, the soda
>    machine was a bit pricey, but the other machines had (in
>    addition to your standard junkfood) prepackaged salads and
>    sandwiches.
> *  Coffee shop.  Nothing really fancy, just beverages and
>    pastries and sandwiches.
> *  Laundry facilities.  Euphemism for a coin-op washer and dryer.
>
> Also, the hotel is "kosher certified" and I am assured that they can also
> accomodate those of the vegetarian persuasion.
>
> As far as other food sources go, there's a Bennigan's within walking
> distance, assorted "fast food" places (e.g., Taco Bell, McDonald's) within a
> couple blocks.  As well as a few other inexpensive restaurants (e.g.,
> Friendly's).
>
> And for those of you interested in shopping, the hotel site is about five
> miles from a rather large Outlet Mall; if you don't want to drive, I'm told
> the hotel will even provide a limited shuttle service to and from the mall.
>
> It's not definite yet, but I believe that since this whole thing is being
> done under the auspices of the KLI, that we will be exempt from room tax.
> [...]

Back to archive top level