tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 08 05:26:03 1994

Re:Help!

>>HIya,

>>I have been working my way through Dave's postal course, but am still
>>a comparative novice at tlhIngan Hol. I do keep up with this list, but
>>haven't been posting much at all.

>>Why am I calling for help? Because I have just been hired by Wake Tech
>>Community College (Raleigh, NC) to teach a ten-week class in Klingon
>>Language and Culture. The class will be one night a week for three hours per
>>night, starting September 19 and running through November 21.
>>
>>Would you believe they advertised for the position opening (well, it is
>>Continuing Education Division, and you can get anything taught in a
>>community college con-ed program).

>>My plans between now and Spetember 19 include:

>>1) cram.
>>2) Munch harder through Dave's course.
>>3) Vocab study, etc.
>>4) Attempting to budget to afford a trip to *Philidelphia* in July.
>>(anybody in NC want to carpool?)

>>What I want from those who read this mailing list:
>>1) advice (not expected to run short on that)
>>2) things to do in/with class: drills, learning games, tips, etc.
>>(anyone out there have a syllabus already done I can use for ideas for my
>>own?)
>>3) anything I have not mentioned you think I should know.

>>Thanks a lot.
>>(in advance)

>>Steve Burnett
>>[email protected]

My advise:
1)  Keep working on the Postal Course, of course.
2) Contact Glen Proechel who apparently  has some sort of syllabus
he is working on (218)253-4149
3)  WHen you send me your next lesson tell me your situation and ask
me to send you a copy of my vocabulary drill program (you might wnnt to
send me a blank disc to copy it to)
4) I have done some teaching so you might want to contact me for any questions
(208)939-4287 or  (208)939-6174.
5) DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO GO TO PHILLY.
6) Study all old issues of HolQeD
7) Write LOTS of sentances in Klignon and double-check your grammar.
8) Reread TKD, of course.

Congratulations.  I would love to be in your shoes!

David Barron

Back to archive top level