tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 07 09:25:44 1994

Re: Bad To The Bone

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' William H. Martin jay'?

=I want a CD of all these songs once you have a full collection.
=I absolutely love it. I'm considering recording a couple of
=them myself, during my copious free time...

Now *there's* a thought! In fact, *there's* a money-spinner for the KLI, yes?

I was thinking, too, that _Bad to the Bone_ would sound great in English/
Klingon antiphony ---

On the day I was born!
				jIboghDI' SIbI'!
the nurses all gathered round!
				Datvo' ghompu' ghojmoq!

And of course, _Don't Get Around Much Anymore_ needs a Rex Harrison meets Lt.
Worf recitative of the literal translation into English in the middle. Btw,
do look at what the Klingon text of the song says. The translation is
*delightfully* free ;) .

God knows what else I should tackle. AC/DC, perhaps? KISS? (qamuSHa'meH,
bang, jIchenpu'; chomuSHa'meH je bIchen.) The Sound of Music?

--
Nick.

Back to archive top level