tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 07 02:51:49 1994

Re: Klingon sentences (was: for beginners)

According to [email protected]:

> ) | I like ~mark's convention: {qaStaHvIS poH nI'} "While a long
> ) | time happens".
>
> Say, how come {taH} is part of the above verb?  Why couldn't
> one get away with {qaSvIS poH nI'} for the same thing?  What
> does {qaSvIS poH nI'} mean if not "While a long time happens"?
>
> Thanks,
> --steve

This is the mother of all gotcha clauses of Klingon. TKD page
43, the penultimate line of the page:

"This suffix is always used along with the Type 7 suffix {-taH}.

Go figure.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level