tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 07 00:29:59 1994

Re: punctuation

>        Reply to:   RE>punctuation
>>Besides, Okrand used punctuation (includijng
>>question marks) on the card that came with the Power Klingon tape.
>>~mark
>
>I wonder, though, how much control Okrand had over the "production"
>material that came with Power Klingon.  In particular, there are a
>couple of glaring errors in the tlhIngan Hol printed on the outer box
>that the tape is packaged in.  Still, it seems unlikely, though not
>impossible, that someone added punctuation to the card without
>Okrand's approval.
>
>--nachHegh
>[email protected]

If you look at the card, you will notice that it was typeset by computer,
and that the apostrophies are set in pairs (' and `).  To me this implies
that Okrand did not ever see a final copy of the card before it was put in
production.  Given this, it is possible that someone else added the
punctuation after he wrote it.
              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre