tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 01 13:03:37 1994

Re: Nick's comments to HolQeD

QaghwIj muQIj HoD trI'Qal:
>Guido #1vo':

>>{'e'} is of course a noun. A stative verb following the pronoun would not

>Oh, Guido!  How could you MAKE this error????  {{:( {{:(

><'e'> is a *PRONOUN*!  *thwappity-bap!s you!*  *please* tell me this was a
>typo....!

I don't think my train of thought was running quite as smoothly as normal
when I wrote this. {'e'} is of course a nominal. Not the same as a noun in
most languages. I believe I was talking about comparatives. Even so, I have
(had) no more lisence to say that {'e'} could fit into the slot of things
being compared (the A or B slot, of TKDs <A Q law' B Q puS> formula) than I
had to say that a pronoun could go in such a slot.

charghwI', who originally proposed this idea, has since denounced his
advocation for it, and I'm obliged to follow similarly.

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level