tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 23 06:04:56 1994

Re: TKD erratum

According to Riku Anttila:

> I thoroughly checked the dictionary section of TKD to find all the
> typos, missing and differently spelled words etc. Here's my report.
> I spent a lot of time on this so I hope some of you find this useful.

Very impressive list. I've responded with my own list, which
also includes words from other sources.

> Differently spelled concepts:
>   kellicam

I somehow had missed that one. Obviously {quelI'qam} is in
error and {qelI'qam} is the correct spelling.

I made my list by entering all the words from the K-E section
into my word processor and as each word was entered, I copied
it into my own E-K section. I then proofread TKD's E-K section
against mine. I did that for both the original word list and
the addendum and have added words to it from other Okrand
sanctioned sources ever since.

> If any of you have done the work before, I'd be glad if you compared
> my results with those of your own. I was as thorough as I could while
> doing this, but it _might_ be that I missed something.

I checked to make sure that my dictionary contained all of your
words, though I did not check to make sure that the exception
list I just pulled from my dictionary matched yours. It was
just too much work for right now.

When you note these kinds of inconsistencies and add new words,
I advise that you also notate information about the word's
SOURCE, so that later on, you can know more about how valid the
word might be. A list of accumulated words with no source
notations can easily get corrupted, since then you can't go
back and check your sources.

> I haven't checked the addendum yet.

It has fewer problems, but then, it is a smaller list.

> .:ghor:.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level