tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 20 15:43:59 1993

Parser Program for Klingon?

I seem to remeber several posts containing the output of a program designed
to take tlhIngan input and break the word parts down into their various
English meanings and present the output for the user to puzzle over.

Is such a program publicly available?  If so, what is the cost and where
would I send the money, and if not, how might I go about creating one
for myself?

Oh, fair warning:  I'm planning on practicing my vocabulary by periodically
substituting tlhIngan words I'm interested in remembering in every instance
where my English posts would containing that word.  Eventually I'll likely
degenerate (?) into complete Klingon, hopefully with correct syntax.

It's too bad I missed Kloko's fial moments on the List.  He was asking for
a reply filled with juvenile threats, spirited taunting and copious cursing
and I was completely ready to oblige.  As those who know me can attest to,
my language in person is quite a bit less socially acceptable.  Any
eloquence (I'm flattered at having had the term applied to myself!) I may
exhibit comes completely from being able to plan and edit my comments before
making them public.  Rather than the extensive letter I posted, I'd be more
likely to have said something like "Shut up, jerkoff, before I yank yer
atrophied brain out a nostril with a rusty coathanger." in response to
his equally juvenile postings ;)

(by the way, how many times do you think one would have to mail /usr/dict/words
to the same person to nuke his mailer? {{>:-> )

- Krenath
  (Self-proclaimed patron saint of juvenile forms of revenge and retaliation
  involving homebrew explosives gleaned from the pages of the Anarchist's
  Cookbook and used whenever the opportunity arises.  Annuit Coeptus Novus
  Ordo Seclorum, Amen.)

Back to archive top level