From Klingon Language Institute Wiki
"Wiki wiki" means "quick" in Hawaiian.
All you really need to know is:
- To edit any page click on the Edit Text link at the bottom of the page. You should do that right now, and read the source code of this page. It will make more sense.
- You get italics by surrounding words with two backticks on either side like this. (This is a non-standard feature of the KLIKlingon Language Institute Wiki - a standard Wiki uses two single quotes on either side ''like this'', but that has been disabled in the KLIKlingon Language Institute Wiki.)
- You get bold text by using on either side.
- And, bold italics by using both.
- You can also get bold text with three single backticks on either side (```), and bold italics with five single backticks on either side (`````). (This is a non-standard feature of the KLIKlingon Language Institute Wiki.)
- You get bullets by using an asterisk at the start of the line
- You can make Klingon text bold and red by adding <tlh></tlh> around the text.
- You can convert xifan hol Klingon text to pIqaD (pikad) by adding <pIqaD></pIqaD> around the text.
- You can convert Unicode Klingon text to pIqaD () by adding <pIqaDUC></pIqaDUC> around the text.
- To have plain monospaced font, indent with a space:
this is a poem about monospacing nothing rhymes with poem nothing rhymes with monospacing
- You can separate paragraphs with an extra blank line. Example:
I am a paragraph.
I am a paragraph too. We're just very small paragraphs.
- That was a pair o' paragraphs
- You can get horizontal rules with four or more dashes like this:
- To create hyperlinks you just put words in square brackets. Let's say you want to create a page about how Steve Wainstead eats worms. All you have to do is put it in square brackets like this: [[Steve Wainstead eats worms]]. If the page does not exist yet a question mark appears after the link, inviting you to create the page: ThisPageShouldNotExist. (And please don't ruin the example by creating one.)
- To link to pages outside the Wiki, you can just type in the URL and Wiki will link it for you: http://www.nytimes.com/
- To put images in, just provide the hyperlink in brackets like this: [. Image URLs not in brackets will just appear as hyperlinks to the image.
- Now you are ready to begin adding pages.