tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 14 06:51:51 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qolqoS?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Here's what I have in my notes:

Qov (8/02/2007):  qep'a'Daq <nuq 'oS?>, ghel 'anghal:  "When I told you that it would be a small {qep'a'}, you wrote that that was okay, at least the {qolqoS} would be there. It seems to mean "fanatical core".  jangchu'be' Okrand, jatlh:  "Perhaps not necessarily fanatical," 'ach SIbI' John Colicos ghov 'op.  Kor Da.  QIjtaHbe' Okrand, mon neH.

ghunchu'wI' (7/29/2009):  There is no 'fanatical' implication in {qolqoS}. That was an initial guess at the meaning by Lawrence, which got the response "Not necessarily fanatical." I have it glossed as "core, essence". In the right context, I think "heart" could be an appropriate translation as well.

Other translations might be "die-hards", "inner circle", "cadre", etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons