tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 18 03:50:27 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: veSDuj

De'vID ([email protected])

On 17 October 2015 at 19:58, Lieven <[email protected]> wrote:
> b) Somebody has invented a set of letters which are quite useful because
> they match the letters, and most klingonists have agreed to use this one.

This is going off-topic, but...

I really dislike the fact that the mapping makes the qaghwI' look like
an apostrophe. AFAICT that particular apostrophe-looking glyph hasn't
actually appeared on the show. Whoever made the mapping made the other
glyphs based on the symbols seen in the show, except for that one.
(I'm ignoring the digits, which I believe also aren't from the show.)
But to Klingons, the qaghwI' is just like any other letter, and it's
too much of a coincidence that it looks just like the Latin symbol
that Terrans use to transcribe it. (Of course, we can retcon that the
reason Terrans use the {'} for qaghwI' is because that's what it looks
like.)

--
De'vID