tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 06 07:30:31 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngIq

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, May 06, 2015
>
> Klingon word: ngIq
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: singular one, individual one
> Source: qep'a' wa'maHchugh: Email from ghunchu'wI' 22 August 2011

ngIq nuv luHoH
they killed the warriors one by one. ('U'-OPERA)

ngIq tonSaw' lo' 'ej tIqDu' lel
  ngIq tonSaw' lo' 'ej quvqa'
  ngIq tonSaw' lo' 'ej rIn may'
In one single move, he removed the hearts,
  In one single move, he restored his honor,
  In one single move, the battle was done. (PB)

ngIq tonSaw' lo'
  SaD law' San chenmoH qeylIS
  wej boghbogh nuvpu' San chenmoH
In one single move,
  Kahless decided the fate
  Of thousands, and those to come.  (PB)

nIteb chegh molor ngIq ghoqwI'
One by one Molor's scouts return PB

ngIq raQ - 150 QaS
outposts cost 150 each MKE

ngIq raQ - 200 QaS, mon - 200 QaS loS raQmey je
Outposts cost 200 each; capitals, 200 each plus 4 outposts. MKE

ngIq raQvaD cha'maH vagh QaS yInob
For each outpost pay 25 forces. MKE

ngIq gholvaD vaghmaH QaS yInob
Pay each player 50 forces. MKE

ngIq gholvo' wa'maH QaS yItlhap
Collect 10 forces from every player. MKE

SEE ALSO:
latlh 	additional one, other one, another one (n)
Hoch 		everyone, all (of) (n)

nIteb 	alone, acting alone, on one's own (adv)
nItebHa' 	linked, acting together (adv)

TREK TRIVIA:
"I shall torture you to death, one by one." (Kang, TOS "Day of the Dove")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons