tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 30 14:05:53 2015

[Tlhingan-hol] FW: Klingon Word of the Day: pIm

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Boozer
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 9:15 AM
To: 'qurgh lungqIj'
Subject: RE: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pIm

> Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, March 30, 2015
>
> Klingon word: pIm
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: be different

pImlaw' romuluSngan be' porgh
I've heard Romulan women are different. (ST5 notes)

may' bom pIm bom
sing a different battle song
 (idiom: "speak of another matter entirely") KGT

DaH may' bom pIm Dabom
Now you sing a different battle song.
 (i.e. "Well, that's another matter altogether.") KGT

may' bom pIm wIbom
We sing a different battle song. KGT

may' bom pIm lubom
They sing a different battle song. KGT

motlh pIm 'ejyo' Dujmey
Unlike most Starfleet vessels...
 ["Starfleet vessels are usually different"] SP3 Lady Lukara and Kahless,  They said their goodbyes,  And Lukara knew they would meet again.

QuchlIj vIl law' QuchwIj vIl pIm
your forehead is not as ridgy as my forehead (HQ 13.1:10)

vanchuq luqara' joH qeylIS je
 'ej Hemey pIm ghoS
 qa' qo'Daq ghomqa'
Lady Lukara and Kahless,
 They said their goodbyes,
 And Lukara knew they would meet again. (PB)}

SEE ALSO:
Sar 		be varied, be various (v)
Rap		be the same (v)

latlh 	additional one, other one, another one (n)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons