tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 27 10:42:53 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qepHom 2015 with Marc Okrand

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I can confirm that the qepHom is accessible to non-German speakers.  I zoned out and started editing a story I had brought while Lieven was explaning the details of Klingon grammar in German. At one point he pronounced something oddly, I think it was pronouncing the letter 'It as 'Iy, and I looked up and glared at him.  And then at one point I looked up and he said "nuq?!" because he knew he hadn't done that, and the class all laughed, because he had just been teaching imperative prefixes and had said <peqIm!> so I had responded to the word, and they were making the connection that to me the word cut through my concentration and asked me to pay attention.

I loved that moment because it showed the class that I was thinking in Klingon, not dissecting the word into prefix and verb and calculating its meaning, but hearing it and acting on it, without thought.  Had I been listening more carefully I probably would have realized it was an example. I also learned to say may'ron in German. It's ZeeHarmonIqa.

- Qov

-----Original Message-----
From: Lieven [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: March 26, 2015 14:37
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Tlhingan-hol] qepHom 2015 with Marc Okrand

peqIm ghojwI'pu',
(Attention learners)

Marc Okrand has confirmed that he is going to attend this year's qepHom in Germany. So if you think that one qep'a' in a year is not enough, I suggest you come to Germany and visit the largest Klingon meeting in the area.

Like each year, we will have lots of fun, many serious lectures, a speech about Star Trek from a well known german professor - and this year a special guest who created the klingon language.

More information can be found on http://www.qepHom.de/e/nextqephom.html
and you can stay up to date with our Facebook page: http://fb.com/qepHom

Event:
qepHom in Saarbrücken
close to Luxemburg, 400 km from Paris
Saarbrücken has its own airport

Date:
Thursday 29 october 2015
until
Sunday 01 November 2015
Yessss - Saturday night party will be a Halloween party :-)

Price:
Attendance fee: 12 Euro
T-Shirt: 17 Euro
Hotel: from 33,- up to 45,- Euro a night

That means you can have the entire weekend for about 130,- Euro (140 USD)

Make your plans now, because the space is limited.

Qapla'
Lieven
aka Quvar valer 'utlhhttp://www.facebook.com/qepHom
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/QepHomSaarbrücken