tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 21 11:50:06 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] tera' Hovtay'Daq PLUTO HurDaq bIHtaH'a' latlh yuQmey?

lojmitti7wi7nuv ([email protected])

The interrogative verb suffix {-‘a’} is always answered by “yes” or “no”. You can’t use it for some other kind of question, as several have pointed out.

chay’ Dochmeyvam perlu’? yuQna’ bIH’a'? yuQHom ‘bIH’a’?

Maybe inflection works, as implied by putting a question mark at the end of a vague statement. “It’s either a true planet or a minor planetoid.”

Likely, we could have gotten the meaning across if we’d simply asked, {yuQna’ bIH’a’?}

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Retired Door Repair Guy