tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 06:29:52 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Marc Okrand about Into Darkness

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

De'vID:
> > I found an even older message about this - from Voragh (2006-12-20):
> >> Note that the postulated adverbial *{jaSHa'} "similarly, in the same
> way"
> >> does not exist.  peHruS reported on a conversation he had with Okrand:
> >>
> >>    At the 2000 qep'a' in conversation with MO, I went over the list
> >>    I had prepared of adverbs + {-Ha'}. This was the very one which I
> >>    was disappointed to learn from MO himself that it does NOT work.
> >>    He never explained why. [...] Merely that (possibly not verbatim):
> >>    "I don't think it works." He did not volunteer any other informa-
> >>    tion about why it doesn't SEEM to work or what else would work.
>
> Voragh, do you have the original message? I am wondering if you know what
> was in the "[...]"?

I found one more sentence after the ellipsis.  Here's the  fuller version in my notes:

  He never explained why. [...] Well, that's just about what I remember
  about {jaSHa'}.  Merely that (possibly not verbatim): "I don't think
  it works."

There's still a bit missing but nothing relevant (such as more examples).  I also don't have the date of his message.  Does anyone else?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons