tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 11 13:53:36 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv - The Recruit - 48

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Robyn Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:
>  'ach tlhoy HoS mIqta' vaj peng buSchoH. ="But the machinery is too strong,
> so he focuses on a torpedo." Hmm, do you think rotlh might be better than
> HoS?

I didn't notice anything wrong with {HoS}, but now that you suggest it
I do think {rotlh} is better.

> lo' law' lojmIt bIngDaq leQ Sam. ="Under an access panel he finds a switch."

I wouldn't call an access panel a {lo' law' lojmIt}. It has basically
one purpose. I think of a "utility hatch" as something which opens to
permit the passage of cargo, passengers, fuel lines, electrical
cables, etc. For the kind of access panel I'm imagining, I'd call it a
{lojmItHom}.

> toH, chaq qaq lojmIt qoDDaq?

<lojmIt qoD> vImaSHa'. If there were a word meaning "area on the other
side of", I'd use it.

-- ghunchu'wI'