tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 03 23:47:50 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv = The Recruit - 42

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Torg escaped being trapped by swinging off the catwalk on a chain.
--
nuH Qeq be' 'ej vay' vo'.  SIbI' torgh chor meQmoH 'oy'.  bachqa' be' 'ej
torgh chor DuQqa' bep. mIrvo' pumbe'meH naQDaj chagh. qaStaHvIS lup puS

SIbI' torgh chor meQmoH 'oy'.  = adverb noun noun verb noun. meQ = burn;
meQmoH = cause to burn, set on fire; "Pain immediately makes Torg's belly
burn."

bachqa' be' 'ej torgh chor DuQqa' bep. = "The woman shoots it again and
agony again pierces Torg's belly."

mIrvo' pumbe'meH naQDaj chagh. = "He drops his stick so as not to fall from
the chain."

qaStaHvIS lup puS 'oy'mo' vanglaHbe' 'ach Heghbe'meH vangnIS. "For a few
seconds he can't act on account of the pain, but he must act in order not to
die."

mIrDaq ghIrchoH. "He starts to descend the chain." Or "on the chain" but
that's implied in English. As opposed to mIrvo' if he let go of it.

chorDaj rIQ leghpa' torgh Saghqu' QIH 'e' Sov. "Before Torg sees his injured
belly he knows that the damage is very serious." You could conceivably read
this as "Before a very serious Torg sees his injured belly he knows he/it
wounded it." A comma would fix that if I thought it problematic.

'oy'vetlh ghov. "He recognizes that pain."

rIQmoHDI' loSpev yobwI' 'oy'vetlh SIQ . "When the quadrotriticale harvester
injured him he endured that pain."

- Qov