tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 13 13:44:48 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Do you, personally, accept non-Okrandian Klingon?

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

The KLI did the translations for this book.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Roney, Jr. PKT [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: March 13, 2013 1:27 PM
To: tlhIngan Hol mailing list
Subject: [Tlhingan-hol] Do you, personally, accept non-Okrandian Klingon?

I have a feeling that most of the group here only uses words invented by
Okrand.

Sure, there's the Extended Corpus Project http://kli.org/stuff/ECP.html But
it discounts those words itself, "Most of the words here are not properly
part of the Klingon language as considered by speakers of the language (they
even have sounds not in Klingon),..."

But what about words that authors invent for their books that are in the
tlhIngan Hol style?
Keith R. A. DeCandido has plenty of Klingon words in his novels that weren't
created by Okrand.

But more importantly, what about the upcoming How to Speak Klingon Audio
Phrasebook by  Ben Grossblatt.
http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/13/look-inside-upcoming-how-to-speak-klingon-au
dio-phrasebook/

Ben is not Marc.
Not really sure who Ben is; but CBS approved his book.

I'm looking forward to learning how to say "You bludgeon divinely."

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator