tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 06 11:09:37 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: maS

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

jang Voragh, jatlh:
> lujang maS'e' loQ So'be'bogh QIb lurur
> they reply, shaped as the crescent moon. PB
>   [...]
> Praxis {pIraqSIS} is described as "a Klingon moon";

  pIraqSIS HoS waw' ghajlu'chugh, loSlogh boq'egh mI'
   naghmey mI'; chen qav'ap
  If Praxis Energy Facility is owned, rent is 4 times
   amount shown on dice. (Monopoly)

QeS:
>> Also found in the paq'batlh with the spelling {pIraQSIS} -
>> which may be an error, but I prefer it so I'm going to fight
>> for it as a "dialectic variant".

Could you quote the relevant verse?  Thanks.

FYI... the KLI used *{pIraQIS} in their e-zine {Qo'noS QonoS}.

> It's unknown whether Qo'noS has any other moons, although
> the ST6 reference implies the existence of at least one other.

>> Though non-canonical in terms of the broader Trek universe,
>> one or more of the licensed Star Trek RPGs (various sources
>> claim the FASA, Decipher, and/or GURPS publications, none of
>> which I've been able to locate) apparently state that Qo'noS
>> has two moons, the second being named Corvix.

Daj... chaq *{qorvIQ} ??

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons