tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 17 11:55:58 2013
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: [Tlhingan-hol] -vo' question
- From: "Seruq" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] -vo' question
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:55:47 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=bellsouth.net; s=s1024; t=1371495344; bh=E7rqMIyjNq8kgRfzob21CotDwy8Mv/urdDz+8bgaXxo=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Rocket-Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE; b=TyytJ406lQ5D4EJeA6ryV71FEewdPxg+4NLPFgg+WAAJihmxQXiAjPMbs3I36PqGz1MyZVd/Qo7sSxbynoyjyfPLVAfMM0okUxUrjGjyalf0rIwJOQJ83/rceq9PqqyHDp3cF7spqvFmK5Z//0hXVCWDBRtNygRnG1aGFVJ8iTo=
- In-reply-to: <CAG84SOsHLzQWZnzZ-XX0JzWGDLp30Vyc0vr1QXNthgdUf-7X9w@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://stodi.digitalkingdom.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol/>
- List-id: <tlhingan-hol.stodi.digitalkingdom.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://stodi.digitalkingdom.org/mailman/listinfo/tlhingan-hol>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- Thread-index: Ac5rhzJcl9i/LA9eSmOzHVjd2q0ZMAAA0izg
> > In most of the examples given, there might not be what we
> > would label "motion", but I see two
> > physical objects/locations involved. What can be viewed
> > from a room involves the physical locations
> > of the room and where you are looking at. Purchasing
> > involves a seller and a buyer.
> > The example given in the opening message, "I translate from
> > English to Klingon"... what is the
> > physical location of a language?
> "I translate from English to Klingon" was given as an example of a
> phrase where you *couldn't* use -Daq or -vo', though.
That's what I was pointing out. Things like languages don't have an actual location. I was also
pointing out that -Daq and -vo' don't need "motion", as in those other examples where there were
still a physical presence/location involved. I pointed that out because early in the thread someone
implied a restriction to "physical movement".
Tlhingan-hol mailing list