tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 06 11:32:00 2013

Back to archive top level

To this year's listing

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qaDHommey

Felix Malmenbeck (felixm@kth.se)

> I can think on something like {tharg ghab ghoQbe'bogh}…
> But maybe we use the same name for different things.

Careful with word order:
targh ghoQ = freshly killed targ
ghoQbogh targh = targ which is freshly kiled

I think one might perhaps call it {targh ghoQHa' ghab} ("un-freshly killed targ's midsection").

One might also consider {targh qoSta'mey lumIQlu'ta'bogh} ("targ strips which have been fried"), although the exact meaning of qoSta' is still uncertain.

> My reply: 'It's written down as "{targh Somraw SIjlu'ta'bogh}," but it's
> pronounced "Blaaargh." But with a Klingon accent.'

I can think on something like {tharg ghab ghoQbe'bogh}…
But maybe we use the same name for different things.

ruben