tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 25 15:09:51 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] "Fruit Pop" app on Android is localised in Klingon

De'vID ([email protected])

Someone went to the effort of actually localising this game in "Klingon":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metamoki.Aquapop

A screen shot:
https://twitter.com/BSScheel/status/360351446937509888/photo/1/large

I downloaded it and took a quick look around. They make the mistake
that we saw on the San Diego Comic Con postcards of using, e.g., {chH}
for {ch}, etc. The worst is seeing {t-l-H-I-n-gh-a-n} for "Klingon"
(referring to the language).

On the other hand, the words aren't complete gibberish, and in a few
places they actually made an effort to form constructions which are
slightly more complex than what we're used to. Maybe someone with time
can reach out and offer to clean up their translations.

--
De'vID