tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 12 10:24:48 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Mangling Klingon to make it sortable

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Phil Reynolds
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to take Klingon words and - possibly reversibly
> - mangle them in some way to make most non-Klingon-aware software able
> to sort them into proper Klingon alphabetical order.

I know of one scheme that was independently devised by at least three
different people.

ch -> C
gh -> G
ng -> N2
n -> N1
Q -> Q2
q -> Q1
tlh -> T2
t -> T1
' -> Z

All other letters are converted to uppercase (otherwise, you need to
do a case-insensitive sort).

-- ghunchu'wI'