tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 09 06:29:27 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon brands

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

De'vID:
>> I recently discovered that Velcro is a Klingon invention. The name
>> comes from the product slogan: {vIH tlhIm 'e' botmeH, velQo' neH}.
>
> We know from JJ Abrams that even in the future, people use brand names in
> the Federation (Nokia, Budweiser). The Klingons must also have an economy,
> and brand name products, right?

BTW we do know how to talk about brand names - specifically trademarks - in Klingon:  {malja' per} (lit. "business label") from the SkyBox Copyright notice:

  TM, (R) (c) je tera' DIS wa'-Hut-Hut-loS Paramount Pictures. Hoch SeH.
  Paramount Pictures malja' permey bIH Star Trek pong'e' Deghmey'e' je.
  bIH lo' SkyBox International, Inc. 'e' chaw'.

  TM, (R) c.1994 Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved. "Star Trek"
  and related marks are trademarks of Paramount Pictures.  SkyBox
  International, Inc. Authorized user.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons