tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 08 07:50:26 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ma'to'vor

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

> [My notes have it as two words in De Candido's books: {ma' to'vor}.  Can someone check?]

This is true, at least in the Kindle version of the book.

> The m'veQ {ma'veq} knife and adanji {'aDanjI'} incense are used in the ritual.

I do not believe that *'aDanjI'* is canon, as it appeared in "A Good Day to Die" but not "Diplomatic Implausibility".

> The ritual appears in the {paq'batlh}

In the book, this event is referred to as qeylIS Heghbat, although a ma'veq is used. Perhaps this term refers to any form of ritualized consensual death - or at least perhaps it did in Kahless' time - and as such is appropriate to describe the ma'to'vor.

//loghaD