tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 29 00:34:14 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan Hol jatlhlaHwI' vItogh vIneH

De'vID ([email protected])

Does anyone have any stats on the membership of the KLI, KAG, KIDC,
Klinzhai, and other major Klingon clubs? What about sales of the Talk
Now! Klingon app, or user numbers for other Klingon-language programs
or apps or web sites?

I'm curious because the number of active installs of my Klingon app
recently surpassed 3000. (This means that number of people have the
app installed on at least one device. The total user installs is just
over 9600 so just under a third of people who install it keep it,
though whether they actually use it is another matter.)

That's 3000 people who are interested enough in Klingon to keep a
Klingon-language app on their Android phone or tablet. Maybe most of
them are just Star Trek fans who want to know a few words for effect
in their fanfic or authenticity in their cosplay or whatever, but I
wonder how many of these are people who would actually be interested
in really learning the language if we (the Klingonist community, or
the KLI) effectively reached out to them?

Screenshot:
https://plus.google.com/110116202842822234244/posts/XDs9hUT9x8y

--
De'vID