tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 09 00:14:30 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan Hol DajatlhtaHvIS nItlhejpu' 'Iv? / Counting conversant speakers

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I'll start. The people I've carried out a conversation in Klingon with are:

I'll put your list in alphabetical order and add in others, including those whom I haven't seen in a while but I'm sure are still alive and whose ability in the language was enough I can't believe it could have degraded to the point they can no longer converse. I have to leave out those I've only conversed with by chat text, because I guess I can't verify that they weren't using a dictionary or pojwI'. Although we used to lose those people on the MUSH by switching to Pig Latin.

charghwI'
DaQtIq
DloraH
ghunchu'wI'
- Alex Greene
- Holtej
- 'ISqu'
pagh
- Philip Newton
- Qanqor
QeS
- Qov
Seqram
SuStel
taD
trIQal (she used a dictionary a lot, but FAST)

Plus people whose names I haven't remembered
* Whom did I Skype with while they were shut in a closet in Switzerland?
* The really smart, really young guy, really shy guy who was at qep'a' wejDIch.
* Marc doesn't respond in Klingon, because he doesn't want to crate canon, but I've been in conversations with him where I speak Klingon and he speaks English. Does that count?

There are others who can speak on a limited range of topics, or with repetition and prompting, but you want more fluency than that for your definition, right? I have conversations with EVERYONE at qep'a' even when I'm not speaking English, but I find out what words people know and work outwards in very small circles.

- maybes: Lieven, Felix, Zrajm