tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 05 02:06:00 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Helping a friend (pick up people in Federation bars)

Lawrence M. Schoen ([email protected]) [Hol ghojwI']

My friend's medical fundraiser has nearly reached the $46K mark
which will require me to post a video of five Klingon pick-up lines.

While some truly amusing and clever suggestions were made,
the focus needs to be on a non-Klingon-speaking audience, and
so I've gone with the following choices. I present them here for
your perusal (and grammatical nitpicking). Keep in mind, the
translations are approximate.

1)
You know, everything is better in the original Klingon.
tlhIngan Hol jatlhlu'DI' nIv Hoch. net Sov.

2)
Are you thinking about me, or is my mind sifter acting up again?
choqellI''a' pagh QapHa'qa' tuQDoqwIj

3)
I can read love poetry and duck, all night long.
qaStaHvIS ram naQ, bang bom vIlaDlaH 'ej jIjunlaH

4)
If we go back to my ship, I can introduce you to my "little captain"
DujwIjDaq macheghchugh, HoDHomwIj DaqIHlaH

5)
Ridged, for your pleasure.
bIbelmeH rIlba'

-Lawrence
--
author / publisher / psychologist / klingonist
http://www.lawrencemschoen.com