tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 23 08:05:04 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wuq

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, December 23, 2013
>
> Klingon word: wuq
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: decide

to'waQ yIyIvQo'; DaH yIwuq!
Don't chew ligament; decide now! KGT

ngoch luchermeH 'ej wo' San luwuqmeH pa' ghom tlhIngan yejquv DevwI'pu'
where the leaders of the Klingon High Council meet to determine policy and decide upon the fate of the Empire. S25

yejquv DevwI' moj ghawran 'e' wuqta' cho' 'oDwI' Dapu'bogh janluq pIqarD HoD
Gowron... named leader of the High Council by Captain Jean-Luc Picard, who was acting as Arbiter of Succession. S25

vImuHlu' net wuqHa'
My death sentence was commuted! (ENT "Affliction")

Similar words:

loy 		guess (v)
noH 		judge, estimate (v)
'oD 		arbitrate, mediate (v)

"Think of it, as we sit here, in space above us the destiny of the galaxy will be decided for the next ten thousand years." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons