tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 19 07:09:25 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] New short story: muvwI' (The Recruit)

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

The last thing I sent to the list before it collapsed was about the story I wrote on the way home from qep'a'. Oh no, Qov broke the list! (It's become a qep'a' tradition, but this one I kept a tight rein on). Unlike the one that became a novel, this one is less than eight pages.

I'm deciding how to send it out. I thought I might offer the full text to those who like such things just to read them, but serve it to the list a few sentences at a time, because most people seem to prefer detailed nitpicking to narratives, and feedback on the finer details of Klingon usage and sentence structure is just as valuable to me as feedback on the narrative structure. I thought I might point out constructions I've used and why I built sentences the way I did, as a teaching exercise too.

Would this be useful, interesting, or just spam?

- Qov